Friday, June 4, 2010

So many things...

It's been a pretty busy past couple weeks thus the reason for the late blog.
Well I suppose that first and foremost in the past couple weeks is the announcement of our baby. On April 25th we found out we are pregnant which came as quite an unexpected surprise but we are truly happy and excited about it.
"Having a baby in a foreign country?!?!" Some might say. But we feel very safe and at peace with everything so far. Japan is pretty up on technology if you haven't noticed and people have been having babies here for quite some time from what I gather.

Luckily we have been blessed by people here in Chichibu who are willing to go with us to doctor appointments to translate and see us through until baby Scotti arrives in December.

We waited to break the news until Rachael came to visit a couple of weeks ago in order to surprise her. And it worked. Best surprise we have ever pulled off. Her face brought new meaning to the word "priceless". Truly one of the best moments of my life.

Having Rach in town was such a blast. She actually LIKED the shops I took her in and she refrained from pacing behind me and breathing down my neck wondering when we would leave.
Zeph doesn't do this.
Just in case there was someone like this. She wasn't.

Some of the things we did: Explored Chichibu, put the 100Y store back in business, shopped in Harajuku, crossed the street in Shibuya, stayed at the Hilton in Tokyo Bay, Zeph and Rach went to Disney Sea, we shopped in Odaiba and lets not forget the photo booth sessions. And of course we ate all kindsa junk.

The week ended this past Tuesday when Rach and the Dittrich family left. A very sad and quiet day in Chichibu.
We wanted to tie Rach down and not let her leave.

Joey & Juliana you have been nothing but amazing friends to us since we've known you and have been such a help to us since we got here and we are going to miss you more than you know but we are excited for your future in Canada. And of course looking forward to visiting you ;) Chichibu is not the same without you.

Our visa situation is well... a situation. Looks like I am flying back to LA on June 10th in order to come back into Japan on another tourist visa in hopes that I can get the proper visa within 90 days. As much as I am going to miss Zeph and our home here in Japan I am looking forward to seeing our family & eating a substantial amount of mexican food. Look out taco truck!

Eat of the week:
A delicious pita bread filled with roasted chicken, lettuce, tomato and some tasty sauce at a Turkish Donar kebob stand in Harajuku.

Quote of the week:
"If we are really honest with ourselves, often our plans don't work out as we'd hoped so instead of asking our young people 'What are your plans?' maybe we should tell them this: 'Plan to be surprised'." - Dan in Real Life

2 comments:

  1. yay yay yay!! Finally another blog! :D Okay, so I miss you terribly, but so excited cuz you're coming on the 10th! Ahhh!... So I put one of the stickers that you sent me on my phone!! Every time I look at it I think of you! <3 hehehe. I love the pictures by the way :) mmkay, well love you and talk to you soon! :D <3

    -Brit <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 LOVE IT!!!!! I had such a great time, i wish i could have stayed longer! I'm already checking out travel sites for my next trip... As for the big surprise, it was one of the best moments of my life too... I don't think I've ever been quite so speechless! I'm so happy you'll be here next week!!!

    ReplyDelete